You have to live under a very large rock to have missed the viral takeover that is Baked by Melissa‘s green goddess salad. I think I gave it until I saw Lizzo post it before I knew it was time to grab my blender.
Ingredients for Green Goddess Salad
- 1 small head of green cabbage
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 bundle of scallions
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small shallot
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup of EVOO
- 1/4 cup of raw walnuts and cashews
- 1/3 cup of nutritional years
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of rice wine vinegar
- Wash and finely dice all of the salad ingredients. Place in a large bowl.
- Add all of the liquid salad dressing ingredients to a blender first, and then add the rest of the dressing ingredients to the same blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over salad ingredients.
- Mix well and enjoy!
I ate this with pita chips and it was a joyous moment. I can understand why this became viral. It is so fresh and filling. This was my lunch for the next few days and was just as good on Day 7 as it was on Day 1.